httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Windows XP Apache 2.0 msi file buggy?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:00:30 GMT
sometimes... I have apache running on linux, and the filename
"newsletter april 06.pdf" gets mangled as
"newsletter%20april%3006%3pdf" - apache dosent do the hex conversion
logically sometimes when it serves the file. thats an old issue that I
think has snuck around the shadows..

On 7/18/06, Rob Wilkerson <r.d.wilkerson@gmail.com> wrote:
> To clarify, even backslashes work properly in file paths provided
> they're properly quoted.  I have them all over my httpd.conf.  Not
> recommended, perhaps, but for whatever it's worth, it does work.
>
> On 7/18/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> > On 7/18/06, Edric <ehankamo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > i wasted a good 3 hours or so wondering why the http server test page
> > > wouldnt work, finally realizing that Apache does not like spaces in the
> file
> > > path. for example, by default, the installation file creates the folder
> > > "Apache 2," which messes things up for me... is this just a windows xp
> > > problem, just my problem, or what? I've installed this on linux before
> and
> > > dont recall having this type of problem. i've searched the FAQ and
> > > documentation but didn't notice anything mentioning this issue.
> >
> > Spaces in folders work fine as long as everything is properly quoted.
> > And also remember to use exclusively forward slashes.
> >
> > Joshua.

> --
>
> Rob Wilkerson

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.