httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: .htaccess help
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 03:02:24 GMT
i had to deal with this earlier. I put the command ' <options?/>
overrideAccess wwwroot </options> ' and I used the read/write
permissions of d rwx r-- --- and used nothing to destoy the file
permissions.

On 7/9/06, Noel Stratton <nstratton@membersonline.org> wrote:
> Your stated solution was "Require user non-existent-user
> in the sub-directory .htaccess files"
>
> This will prompt the user for a username and password correct?   I guess
> this would work, but I was hoping to have the forbidden page come up right
> away instead of the authorization required page come up after the user
> enters the wrong user name and password three times.  If this my only
> solution I will do it, but I was hoping to find some way to override the
> root .htaccess file.

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.