httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anyi Zhu" <a...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL issues.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:47:29 GMT
Hi,
Thanks so much for your reply.
Couple of qestions:
Do I have to turn off all the firewalls? I have Macfee Antivirus
installed on my laptop, but I am not sure whether it has the firewall
fuction or not because there is another product from Macfee called
Macfee Personal Firewall. Also, by turning off firewall, would that
post a security risk to my laptop? How should I get around with that?
I have not checked the error log yet since I do not have my laptop
with me right now. I will check it tonight and let you know what it
says ASAP. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Anyi

On 7/7/06, Evan Platt <evan@espphotography.com> wrote:
> At 08:00 AM 7/7/2006, you wrote:
> >Second question, is there any possible way I could reconfigure my
> >httpd.conf file such that the incoming port for my HTTP server is to
> >port, say, 1234 instead of port 80? I tried to change the listening
> >port to LISTEN 1234 instead of port 80. But the test configuration
> >does not seem to work. Is there anything in WinXP I have to enable to
> >open up the port 1234?
>
> Is your Windows firewall turned off? Do you have any hardware
> firewall or router?
>
> What happens? Anything in your error log?

Best Wishes,
Anyi Zhu
Undergraduate Student
School of Mathematics