httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anyi Zhu" <a...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL issues.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:00:52 GMT
Hello,
I have some questions here about SSL as well.
I am running on WinXP and Apache HTTP and I installed Apache using the
.msi file (i.e., the windows installer). However, the SSL module was
not installed because the .msi file does not contain it. Is there any
way I could add the SSL module later on? And how can I do it?
Second question, is there any possible way I could reconfigure my
httpd.conf file such that the incoming port for my HTTP server is to
port, say, 1234 instead of port 80? I tried to change the listening
port to LISTEN 1234 instead of port 80. But the test configuration
does not seem to work. Is there anything in WinXP I have to enable to
open up the port 1234?
Thirdly, if I also have a copy of Linux installed on my system as
well, can I run the same copy of Apache from my linux system or I will
have to install a different copy?
Fianlly, is there a more graphical way in configuring Apache rather
than manually edit the httpd.conf file, like the configuration wizard
MySQL has?
Comments from anyone is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Anyi Zhu