httpd-users mailing list archives

From alexander dosher <a...@pacbell.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: can't get mod_ext_filter to work
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:53:17 GMT
>> And, since this won't work, can anybody recommend a simple output text
>> find/replace module that's available as a WinXP binary?
>
> It might help for you to explain the nature of the  problem you're
> trying to solve, rather than what's not working about what you've
> tried.

OK: I'm using httpd to virtual-host Lotus Domino & Tomcat servers on the
same machine, and for the "allow from" directive, which is nifty.  The
version of Domino i'm being forced to use shoves an antique !DOCTYPE tag
at the top of all of its html, which forces MSIE into ugly compatibility
mode, and... yuck.

So, for all docs of type text/html from the Domino vhost, i want to
replace the first line with a more modern !DOCTYPE tag.  And, ideally,
i'd like to do this without having to set up a complete C development
environment (haven't touched C in years) with all necessary includes in
order to compile something like mod_line_edit.

possible?

--alex.