httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Aliasing to NetWare Files
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:13:53 GMT
Hi,

Jose Adriano Baltieri wrote:
> I'm running Apache 2.0.58 on a Windows XP PRO box. On Windows, some
> drive letters (R: for instance) are mapped to a Novell Netware file
> system. I'm also using Novell Netware Client 4.90 SP2.
>
> Then, I'm trying to define some aliases to local drives (C:) and others
> to remote drives (R:). Local drives aliases are working OK but, remote
> drives, that is, aliases to Novell Netware drives are not.
>
> Is there some trick or some module I'm missing ? Do you have a similar
> setup ? Does it work or is it really a problem ?
>
> Just in case you want to see my configuration file, get it from here,
> will you ?
>
> http://www.des.online.unimep.br/au/pub/apache1.conf
>
> Thanks in advance 4 your support !

Never having run Apache on Windows, I'd have a guess that the drives are
mapped for the logged in user and not the service.  Therefore Apache
cannot reference the drives in question.

You may be able to map the drives for the system but I'll leave it up to
someone else to advise on that (if it is possible).

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.