httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Morris <m...@datdec.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Crashes - Resource temporarily unavailable: setuid
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:43:30 GMT
Hi,
I tried running ipcs -s regularly and piping it to word count.  I output
this to a text file so I could observe this value at the time Apache
crashed.  There were always 5 semaphore arrays, or none while Apache was
down.  Is the number of these arrays supposed to vary more?  Do these
values signal any problems, and what might they be?

The other bizarre thing, is that Apache crashes very rarely if I'm
watching it.  This morning it was crashing every few minutes until I
woke up.  Now that I've started watching it, it hasn't crashed in 20
minutes.  Does this make any sense to anybody?