httpd-users mailing list archives

From LDB <thesou...@ldb-jab.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] <Directory dir >
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:26:22 GMT
Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>> We won't get anywhere with this kind of example.  Show a precise, real
>> example including information about the file system and show the exact
>> message from the error log.
>

> First assuming that the symlink was created correctly access right are
> OK etc...
>
> Since we are in the realms of guesswork I will assume that the
> 'link_to_a_directory' does NOT have a trailing slash - which you need
> to follow the symlink. Note that the symlink is NOT a dir but a link
> to something.
>
>   /var/www/link_to_dir is a symlink
>   /var/www/link_to_dir/. is the directory.
> so
>  /var/www/link_to_dir/ is a reasonable directory pattern
>
> try
>
> ls -l /var/www/link_to_dir
> and
> ls -l /var/www/link_to_dir/
> ls -l /var/www/link_to_dir/.
>
> At least this is the mistake I have made in the past :-)
>
> Jacqui

DocumentRoot "/srv/www/mediawiki/"

#
# Configure the DocumentRoot
#
<Directory "/srv/www/mediawiki/">
         # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
         # or any combination of:
         #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
         #
         # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
         # doesn't give it to you.
         #
         # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
         # http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.2/mod/core.html#options
         # for more information.
         Options FollowSymLinks
         # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
         # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
         #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
</Directory>

chloe:/srv/www # l
total 28
drwxr-xr-x  7 root   root 4096 Jul 27 18:48 ./
drwxr-xr-x  6 root   root 4096 May 17 22:45 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root 4096 May 17 22:04 cgi-bin/
drwxr-xr-x  4 root   root 4096 May 17 22:04 htdig/
drwxr-xr-x  7 root   root 4096 Jul 27 17:54 htdocs/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root 4096 May 17 22:38 icons/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 wwwrun www    15 Jul 27 18:48 mediawiki -> mediawiki-1.5.8/
drwxr-xr-x 12 wwwrun www  4096 Mar 26 14:43 mediawiki-1.5.8/

No matter what I get the following error message if it is symlink to
a directory.

[Fri Jul 28 07:21:26 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Symbolic link not allowed
or link target not accessible: /srv/www/mediawiki

Is there any way to override the settings at this point?

Thanks,

LDB