httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Keller <jim_kel...@centerfuse.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.55 bringing Win2k3 to a halt
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:57:04 GMT
Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the reply. The configs are identical on all three
machines; these servers just serve up a few custom ASP scripts to relay
information from the field to the backoffice (via a custom software
package that uses HTTP requests to send & retrieve the data). In fact,
there's not enough going on that it should be straining the machine at
all, but even without the ASP module (SunOne) installed, the behavior of
this machine is still such that after a few hundred requests, the entire
system is unresponsive until the Apache service is stopped. I just tried
turning KeepAlive requests off, but got the same results. I ran ab with
5000 requests and a concurrency of 3, and within about 30 seconds (about
500 requests) the entire machine stopped responding, though neither CPU
usage nor memory usage appear to spike. Any other ideas? Again, thanks.

-Jim