httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_*_cache on 2.0 vs. 2.2
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:21:42 GMT
Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> The servers have an absurd amount of RAM (8gb or more) that we could
> utilize for mod_mem_cache.

If that's the case, if your content is non-trivial (different reactions
to client characteristics, such as language, charset, or browser content
that varies) - I strongly recommend you allocate what you like as a ram
disk and use mod_disk_cache with 2.2.x.  It's far more robust in terms
of following all the subtleties of HTTP/1.1 caching.

If your content is trivial (doesn't vary, etc) then mod_mem_cache would
serve you just fine.