httpd-users mailing list archives

From Forrest Aldrich <for...@forrie.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_*_cache on 2.0 vs. 2.2
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:48:56 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 7/25/06, Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com> wrote:
>> What is the difference in stability (etc) with these options on
>> httpd-2.0 and httpd-2.2?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_mem_cache.so
>> usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_file_cache.so
>> usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_disk_cache.so
>> usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_cache.so
>
> Use 2.2.  There are few good reasons to use 2.0 over 2.2.  The upgrade
> is very easy.  And mod_cache and mod_disk_cache are vastly better in
> 2.2.  mod_mem_cache probably isn't perfectly stable in either version,
> and mod_file_cache hasn't changed much since 1.3.
>
> Joshua.

I'm unable to find the RPMs for Fedora or CentOS (which we're using)
that correspond to 2.2.x.

Well, actually, I found a src RPM, which is being compiled with options
I need to customize (possibly via rpmbuild) - I'm from FreeBSD, so RPM
is very new ;-)

It has several dependencies.

Suggestion(s) welcomed.

We already have httpd-2.0 installed on the designated system, which is
why I asked.

I believe our goal is to utilize the mod_mem_cache on the front-end
image servers.

What particular problems have been observed with mod_mem_cache?

Thanks.