httpd-users mailing list archives

Subject [users@httpd] authnz_ldap problem
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:53:46 GMT
Hello,

I've been using Apache for some time, and recently ran into an issue
that is causing me to pull my hair out.

I have set up a server, well more specifically a Location, to utilize
LDAP Authentication. However, when I surf to the URL, I am prompted time
and time again, with seemingly no end, when I use correct credentials,
with no information in the error_logs. When I using an incorrect
password, I get the message:  user ed: authentication failure for
"/svn": Password Mismatch

I've tried using just file authentication, and that works fine, however,
I prefer not to go that route. I've also removed the limit directives
(as well as the authentication directives), and I was allowed unfettered
access to the directory, as I would expect, with no errors.

I am really at a loss, and I've tried everything I can think of,
multiple times. If anyone has any ideas as to what I am doing wrong,
and/or how to fix it, I'd really appreciate the help. Please see below
for my config excerpts.

Thanks,
--Z

Piece of my httpd.conf:
<Location  /svn>
                DAV svn
                SVNPath /subversion/project
                <Limit GET PROPFIND PUT POST DELETE PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY
MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
                        AuthBasicProvider ldap
                        AuthType Basic
                        AuthName "Subversion Repository"
                        AuthLDAPURL
ldap://127.0.0.1/ou=mail,dc=mydomain,dc=net?uid?one?(objectClass=shadowAccount)
                        require valid-user
                </Limit>
</Location>

The LDAP account I am using: