httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <...@v2web.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3, 4GB file limit
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:00:08 GMT
Bryan Hansen wrote:
> I am trying to find a solution to the 4GB file limit that exists in
> Apache 1.3. Most resources that discuss this issue offer solutions to
> patch apache which only seem to work with apache 2.0+. (ie
> http://people.apache.org/~jorton/ap_splitlfs.diff)
>
> For the record:
> We are doing http transfers (not ftp) and the local file system supports
> file sizes over 4GB.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to supporting 4GB+ file transfers under
> apache 1.3?
>
> Any help would be delightful!
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

Hi -

Sorry to butt-in here, but being the stickler for 1.3.x that I am, I'm
always interested in hearing the argument of others where they may say
that upgrading is not an option, just to get some additional insight.

Since I know someone else will probably be asking later on, I'll just go
ahead and ask myself - why have you not mentioned considering Apache 2+?

William is most definitely right about moving forward with the 2+
releases, and not paying much attention to 1.3.  This was one of my main
reasons for upgrading to 2.x entirely with my systems.

Thanks!
-dant