httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <hilla...@whl.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_radius and "No user file?" error.
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:07:26 GMT
Hi,

Sutton, Brent wrote:

> Sorry for the newbie question but my research has not resolved my
> issue.  I am attempting to use mod_auth_radius to require all users to
> authenticate to a RADIUS server that access a vhost on my server.  The
> vhost is a reverse proxy to an internal application.  I have
> successfully loaded the DSO for mod_auth_radius for Apache 2.0.52 using
> apxs on a Solaris 9 OS.  Config is included below.
>
> The current issue is the RADIUS server never receives the authC request
> and the error log contains this error:
>
> / [Tue Jul 11 13:56:24 2006] [crit] [client 13.140.135.24] configuration
> error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: / /
>
> I am not attempting to use any authC files so I don’t know how/why this
> message is coming up.  I would appreciate any insight to my issue.  I
> apologize if there is some stupidity on my part.  I really appreciate
> the assistance.

<very big snip>

You may want to try mod_auth_xradius instead.  It was created as a
result of having problems with mod_auth_radius.  It has nothing in
common with mod_auth_radius (apart from being a RADIUS auth helper).  It
doesn't use cookies but instead the HTTP headers.

It's available from:

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_auth_xradius/

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.