httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brandon Fosdick <b...@bfoz.net>
Subject [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex, DirectorySlash and mod_dav?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:33:32 GMT
As a quick hack I tried enabling mod_dav on a location to see if it would act as a storage
backend for regular page serving. That is, just to use it for GET and HEAD requests and none
of the other DAV-related requests.

For the most part it works, but for some reason DirectorySlash and DirectoryIndex don't work
in this configuration. If I do http://example.com/mydir/ I get a blank page (no errors), however
http://example.com/mydir/index.html works just fine. My trace log shows that the first request
was handled as a request for the directory instead of a request for mydir/index.html, so I'm
guessing the request wasn't redirected properly before being given to mod_dav.

Any suggestions? Did I miss a directive somewhere? Or is this just un-doable?