httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hans Maurer <h...@red.roses.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: RPC over HTTP through mod_proxy
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:17:32 GMT
Hi,

Pieter Vanmeerbeek schrieb:
> I tried to create a setup similar to the one Paul did (with https on the
> internet and http on the secure lan).  I couldn't get this working even
> on the 2.0.53, ie. owa and active sync works fine RPC does some strange
> things. If you wait a very long time ( more then5 minutes) it eventually
> gets a sync.

Yes, I have to correct myself:  It's not "working like a charm" in 2.0.53
(also 2.0.54), but it is actually somewhat working.  It's not very stable,
though.

> Since everything works from the lan and  the reverse proxy works for
> owa, I suppose it has something to do with the ssl ofloading settings?

Actually, my theory is more along the line that the basic design of RPC over
HTTP is broken.  It's extremely sensitive to any kind of delay or buffering
on intermediary servers, and apache does exactly that (RFC compliant,
nevertheless).

> Do you use basic or ntlm authentication in the outlook settings? I
> suppose basic ?

I'm using basic authentication.

Best regards,
   Hans

--
Hans Maurer                                               hans@red.roses.de

            "Es gibt keine guten Ziele in Afghanistan, und es gibt
                          viele gute Ziele im Irak"