httpd-users mailing list archives

From William Knapp <whkn...@artsci.wustl.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble installing Apache: Error 1327. Invalid Drive
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:23:16 GMT
I'm having trouble installing the Apache HTTP server and I wanted to go
through all the recommended channels before I submitted a bug.

I'm running WinXP SP2 and tried to install Apache HTTP Server, version
2.2.2 (I also tried Apache 2.0.58 but had the same problem) using the
msi file (apache_2.2.2-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi). Before I have the
opportunity to enter any information about drive paths or preferences I
get the following message:

Error 1327. Invalid Drive: D:\

D:\ was a portable hard drive that's no longer attached to the system.

I followed the information found at
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110636 and eliminated 1
registry key that referred to my missing D drive but the installer still
crashes.

Any suggestions on how I might get Apache up and running?

Additional information that might be useful.
In the user archives a another person might have had a similar problem
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200205.mbox/%3C3CF5308F.B5A38B35@atbusiness.com%3E.

Thanks,

William Knapp
firstbreathphoto.com