httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <...@v2web.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Looking for the best way to update a production server
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:25:38 GMT
Boysenberry Payne wrote:
> I'm trying to avoid interruption of service as much as possible, but don't
> have an alternative box to run on while I update.  Is there a "preferred"
> way to do this?
>

> Thanks,
> Boysenberry
>
> boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

Hi -

The much preferred way to do this is in fact with a testing machine.

You can even go as far as using the free VMWare Server, making an
install which matches what your production machine(s) are, and  attempt
an upgrade on there.  If that works properly, you can then adapt that to
your production server.

Thanks!
-dant