httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject [users@httpd] using another ip-address on multihomed servers
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:41:55 GMT
Hello,

I have a strange problem: I'm providing a service to my users on a
certain ip-address. This service in turn connects to another server. The
server my service connects to is firewalled and only allows connections
from a certain ip-adress of my multihomed server (it has several
ip-addresses).

When this service connects to the server it uses the ip-address of the
http-service defined in a virtual host entry. I usually can change the
LocalAddr when I'm connecting to a server, but this doesn't work when it
is done through apache. When I'm doing this locally (without the
webserver) it works.

What is the reason for it? Might it be a problem that apache runs as nobody?

Regards
Marten