httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache PC to Apple/Mac - Basic Questions
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:23:53 GMT
If I type % sudo pico /etc/httpd/httpd.conf into Apple's Terminal, then press ENTER and get
the following response:

-bash: fg: %: no such job

...does that mean Apache isn't installed on my MacBook Pro after all?

I'm thinking of following the same route I took on my PC and just installing the software
bundled from Apache Friends/XAMPP. But if I install XAMPP, and it turns out that Apache or
PHP was already installed on my computer aftet all, would that create problems, or would the
new installs simply over-write my current programs, whether they're the same upgrade versions
or not?

Also, have any of you used XAMPP's Mac version? I see it's still in beta. Thanks.

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.