httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache PC to Apple/Mac - Basic Questions
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:47:29 GMT
I've been using Apache on a PC, but I bought my first Apple/Mac, a MacBook Pro laptop, just
recently. It's pretty easy to use, but I'm still learning how its hard drive and files are
organized, etc.

Anyway, I have some basic questions about using Apache on a Mac.

1) I think I followed the tutorial at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html
in creating virtual hosts. Do I set them up just the same on a Mac?

2) I followed standard practice in putting my websites inside a folder named "sites" and putting
that folder on the C drive on my PC...

c:sites

Where do most people with virtual hosts put their websites on a Mac? I was planning on putting
them in a folder named "sites" in the folder "documents."

3) When I transfer my websites to my Mac, will the .htaccess files and mod-rewrite statements
continue to work properly, or am I in for some surprises? (I haven't been able to transfer
them yet due to some technical problems.)

Thanks!