httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't bind to port on boot
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:56:25 GMT
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:38:45AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

>     Cannot assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind
>         to address 208.97.158.169:1443
>     no listening sockets available, shutting down
>     Unable to open logs

To follow up, I tried with a different port number and get the same
thing:

    Cannot assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind
        to address 208.97.158.169:21443
    Unable to open logs

So now I'm even more lost.

I'm not sure why it also says "Unable to open logs" -- both set of
logs (front and back server) are written to the same directory.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org