httpd-users mailing list archives

From SithLord <apache-m...@melkor.st>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [DEV-REQUEST] mod_ifenv ported to Apache2
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:31:47 GMT
On Tuesday 25 July 2006 05:49, Nick Kew wrote:

> mod_proxy in /trunk/ now supports that.  But part of the stability
> pledge Apache offers to users is that changes like this must be
> properly reviewed by at least three developers before going into
> a release version, and we have higher-priority work right now.
>
> If you want https virtual hosting, use mod_gnutls.

Thanks for the information, I've looked a bit but mod_gnutls can't be the
solution for now. The virtual hosting is provided through the standard SNI
exention of SSLv3/TLSv1.x but there are some major constraints and among
them, the most important here is:

As of this writing, only Opera >= 8.x browser supports SNI, IE7 in Vista will
support it and Gecko-based browsers do not support it eventhough there are 2
bugs filled to ask the feature.

I think I'll have a look to the trunk dev version to see if I can use the
improvements :-)

--
SithLord