httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gerard Seibert <ger...@seibercom.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring Password Protection
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:37:50 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 12:43, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> > Using Apache-2.2.2 on a FreeBSD-6.1 STABLE system.
> >
> > I recently installed 'postfixadmin' on to my system. The documentation
> > said to insert the following into the httpd.conf file:
> >
> > <Directory "/usr/local/www/postfixadmin">
> >          Options Indexes
> >          AllowOverride AuthConfig
> > </Directory>
>
> That's rather silly.  The only reason to AllowOverride anything at all
> is to empower users to vary the configuration for their own
> directories.  But that doesn't look like a user's directory!
>
> > After doing so and restarting Apache, I was unable to find the file. I
> > then added the following to the httpd.conf document:
> >
> > Alias /postfixadmin/ "/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/"
>
> If your documentroot is /usr/local/www/ then that's an alias pointing to
> itself (like a symlink to itself).

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/apache22/data"

> > After restart Apache, I received this message when I attempted to reach
> > the site:
> >
> > Forbidden
> >
> > You don't have permission to access /postfixadmin/ on this server.
>
> And what's in the error log?

[Tue Jul 25 04:46:35 2006] [error] [client 72.14.194.17] client denied by server configuration:
/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/, referer: http://www.seibercom.net/postfixadmin/

[Tue Jul 25 04:46:36 2006] [error] [client 67.189.184.224] client denied
by server configuration: /usr/local/www/postfixadmin/

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

Weinberg's Second Law: If builders built buildings the way programmers
wrote programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy
civilization.