httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edric <ehank...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Weird gibberish when loading a gif in Firefox, but it's fine in IE...
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:46:58 GMT
Hi,

I did look at that earlier and I saw that the TypesConfig directive points to a mime.types
file with the following entry:
image/gif            gif

one little quirk i just  realized is that the web app/server I'm debugging  isn't the one
that hosts  the dynamically generated gif file... i have no control over that server and my
app merely accesses the link. would that be the cause of the problem?

Thanks again.

Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote: On 7/19/06, Edric  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's no content-type being set in the header... this is all i have in the
> head:
>

> thanks for your help

He means the HTTP response header, not the html header.  Look at the
mime.types file configured by the TypesConfig directive or
alternatively use an AddType directive to set the correct type.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html

Joshua.