httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Finding the origin server
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:01:22 GMT
On Tuesday 11 July 2006 22:00, António Mota wrote:
> Hello:
>
> This is my first message on the list so please bare with me...
>
> I have this situation where a site is giving me back a 302 response
> with a Location in violation of the HTTP protocol, like this
>
>      HTTP/1.1 302 Found
>      Location: Site/Main/missao.htm
>
> so i can't catch this with ProxyPassReverse.

Hmmm.  It might be possible, but I can't see how at present.

> Or alternativly, how can i find what's the origin server of that
> HTTP/1.1 302 Found, so i can append the relative url and redirect it
> back?

This sounds easiest to implement as a mod_proxy enhancement.
I don't think it can be done by default (because it breaks HTTP),
but it wouldn't hurt to offer systems administrators the option to
fix it up.

If I'm doing some mod_publisher hacks for you, I can add this to
the job spec:-)

--
Nick Kew