httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Henderson <dhender...@digital-pipe.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] logs
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:56:51 GMT
Thanks for your reply Yong.  I am looking more into it and it  looks like it might be writing
the information to the old server I had  (as I didn't take it offline).  What is selinux?

  Thanks,
  Dave

Yong Lee <ylee@eqo.com> wrote:              v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
                   I think you&#8217;ll need to provide more  background info on your
problem to get some help on it as your question is too  general.

    Some obvious things to look for would be :
    -           check  your log file paths as defined in your configuration file
    -           check  their permissions
    -           if using  linux with selinux check the context of the directories

    Yong.

---------------------------------

    From:  Dave Henderson [mailto:dhenderson@digital-pipe.com]
  Sent: July 7, 2006 10:29 AM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: [users@httpd] logs

    Gang,

      I have reinstalled apache on a new server and copied over  the config files as well
as webpages files.  I have tested internally and  externally to verify the site it coming
up, but nothing is being written to the  logs.  I am starting the apache daemon with the root
user and the log  files get created with root:root as the owners, yet nothing gets written
to  them.  Any ideas?

  Thanks,

  Dave