httpd-users mailing list archives

From Danesh Daroui <danielmy...@yahoo.se>
Subject SV: Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:39:25 GMT

Well, I think the bottleneck in our server will be mostly bandwidth. However we are using
a 100 Mbits/s internet connection, but we are still worry what would happend if number of
users will grow enormously. I have gathered some information like using DC-Apache module which
is Distributied Cooperative Apache, but in that case the main server will send request to
cooperative servers when the it is overloaded by requests. In that case, again, the main server
can be a bottleneck, while it has to decide when and where requets should be sent. Do you
think it may work or any better suggestion and/or solution?

Chris Snyder <casnyder@pennswoods.net> skrev: Setting up a round-robin DNS for the servers
is sort of almost exactly like a
quick clustering patch.

Are you sure it is the apache server that is not keeping up though?  You sure it
isn't a bandwidth limitation?

Quoting Danesh Daroui :