httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conversion of SSL request URL to non-SSL request
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:19:17 GMT
On 04.07.06 10:47, Perminder Singh Vohra wrote:
>     We have a setup requirement where we need to send request to Apache
> Server on SSL but Apache should convert the request to non-SSL port and
> then process it. We have enable Apache to listen on both Non-SSL and SSL
> ports.

What do you mean by "convert the request"?

You can redirect client to access non-ssl'ed virtual host vie Reditect
directive. You also can proxy the request, get data from HTTP host and send
it back through HTTPs. But the latter is useless when you have the same
virtual host on the same apache - it's much more efficient to process the
request directly.