httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter....@gmx.net
Subject [users@httpd] How to restric access with IP Filter (X)OR Password
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:01:52 GMT
Hello,

I use httpd as a proxy server for a tomcat server. Httpd is used mainly
to restrict access through the ip filter. But now I need to have for some users an ip filter
and for others a password filter. This is an XOR condition.

For user authentication I was thinking of using a mysql database for this purpose which already
runs on the server. Problem is I'm not exactly a pro at writing PHP or CGI Code. My strenghts
are more in Java. Is there any simple way for doing this authentication stuff with httpd?

cheers,
Pete