httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <al-httpdus...@none.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 07:29:06 GMT
Hi,

On Mon 03.07.2006 04:52, Danesh Daroui wrote:

>I have set up a web server using Apache and it used to work fine until
>my site's hit grew up and now it has serious problems because of
>intensive clients traffic. I would like to set up other systems to
>cooperate with my main server and serve clients as well as my main
>server to make ballance when the server is overloaded. How can I tell
>Apache to cooperate and in other words set up a distributed network of
>web servers which all servers serves my site? Do I need to install a
>new module? Any solution?

There are many solutions for this *problem* but the first step, for me
is, where are the real bottlenecks:

1.) application
2.) bandwith (as Chris wrot)
3.) MaxClients to low
4.) some timeouts to high
5.) *internal* Kommunication to slow (DB <=> APPL,APPL <=> WEBServer,
WEBServer <=> Client, ... )
6.) .....

For the solutions:

1.) HW-Loadbalancer