httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Blondel" <vinc...@xtra-net.org>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question.
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:06:18 GMT

Hello all,

I get mod_proxy running in my dmz to forward http traffic from internet to
my trusted area. This is working fine except that I have to implement a
new type of config for a special host.

I would like to forward traffic from (dmz) http://people.domain/~username
to (lan) http://username.srv.intranet.

Al my configs are now configured with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse but I
read on the net it would be easier to use mod_rewrite for such type of
config.

I found such type of example to resolve this case but I do not know if
this is the right way to do it and I do not find any reverse mapping
(ProxyPassRevers) in this definition.

ProxyRequests Off
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/~(.*) http://$1.srv.intranet [P]

Thanks a lot to help me resolving this problem.

Many thanks for your comprehension.

Vincent