httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ashutosh Mohanty" <ashut...@syncad.com>
Subject [users@httpd] problem due to html files,
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:42:39 GMT
Hi Everybody,

My previous virtual hosting problem has been solved, Thanks to Owen Boyle!!, I am so astonish
that now I am facing a stupid problem due to .html files,

In IE browser, whenever I am trying to open page from my internal site like http://abc.mydomain.com

Its showing a window-dialog Box for open/save options, I don't know what is the problem apache
facing to show my "index.html" file which is inside the "/home/ashutosh/www/html" Directory,
Here is my Virtual host setting

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin ashutosh@mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/ashutosh/www/html
    ServerName abc.mydomain.com
    ServerAlias abc
    ErrorLog /home/ashutosh/www/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/ashutosh/www/logs/access_log common

<Directory "/home/ashutosh/www/html">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>
 <IfModule mod_mime.c>
            AddType text/html .html .htm
            AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm .php4 .php
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Its giving error in error_log as

 [Fri Jul 14 14:22:50 2006] [error] [client 192.168.3.42] Directory index forbidden by rule:
/home/ashutosh/www/html/

Any help would be delightful!

Best Regards:

Ashutosh Mohanty
SynaptiCAD Inc.

Visit us at:: www.syncad.com

=========
This Communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient (s) and shall not attach
any liability on the originator or SynaptiCAD Inc./its Subsidiaries. If you are the addressee,
the contents of this email are intended for your use only and it shall not be forwarded to
any third party, without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or SynaptiCAD
Inc./its Subsidiaries. It may contain information which is confidential and legally privileged
and the same shall not be used or dealt with by any third party in any manner whatsoever without
the specific consent of SynaptiCAD Inc./its Subsidiaries.
=========