httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] /my.html#mySection
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 02:09:14 GMT
I have seen in several browsers that requests such as

   http://www.xxx.net/my.html#mySection

get to the server without the #mySection . The page
is delivered and the #mySection is resolved locally
by the browser, as would seem to be appropriate.

Now my CGI does not know about #mySection.  If it
were to get a GET with the #mySection on it, it
would throw an exception, and return a 403.

This is exactly what just happened.  The log line
appears normal except for this.

What should I make of this?  I could strip off
the #mySection in the CGI, and otherwise process
normally.  Is there some hidden threat here?

Thanks for your advice.
Mike.