httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd encrypted password?!
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:13:39 GMT
On 6/27/06, Chris Liles <Chris.Liles@air2web.com> wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> When setting up mod_authn_dbd to hit a postgresql data base the documentation says that
the AuthDBDUserPWQuery must return an encrypted password.
> Would someone please tell me how I am suppose to crypt the password when storing it in
the database. I can get the module to work fine with a null password, and I have tried md5('password'),
but no love :(

Apache httpd comes with some tools that do this that you can use as
examples.  See the function htdbm_make here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/support/htdbm.c?revision=396056&view=markup
which uses C and apr.  Or there is a perl example here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/support/dbmmanage.in?revision=396056&view=markup

Joshua.