httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Just relax everyone
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:54:10 GMT
On 6/26/06, Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
> > This gentleman (?) has been manually removed from the list and
> > permanently banned from posting in the future.
>
> There is a *small* possibility that he and the german sounding person
> with the same complaint were having a problem with non latin-1 chars
> in their email address.
>
> I assume this was investigated and rejected?

There are all kinds of possible explanations.  Most of them involve an
error on the part of the people trying to unsubscribe; but it is also
possible there is a problem with the list management software or the
apache.org configuration.  (For example, I know one person had a
problem because apache.org was bouncing the his unsubscribe request as
spam.  We fixed that.)

But that is irrelevant to the discussion here.  Problems are delt with
by calmly and politely requesting help.  Mailbombing the list is a
solution for nothing.

Joshua.