httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument Question
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:36:13 GMT
On 6/19/06, Fenlason, Josh <jfenlason@ptc.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to go the MultiView route, but I'm having a little trouble.
> I added
> <Directory "/foo">
>   Options Indexes MultiViews
>   AllowOverride None
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> /foo contains
>   bar.html.en
>   bar.html.fr
>   bar.html.ja
>
> When I go to localhost/foo/bar.html the page can't be found.  I'm sure
> I'm missing something stupid, but I'm not sure what.  Any suggestions?
> I'm on Apache 2.2.2 if that makes any difference.  Thanks.

Well, yes, there probably is a silly mistake someplace.  But it
becomes almost impossible to detect when you obscure your examples
("foo", "bar").  For example, do you know that <Directory> must point
to real filesystem directories like /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/foo and
not web-directories like /foo?

Joshua.