httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] logging access via Indexes
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:16:46 GMT
On 6/14/06, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On one of my directories, I have:
>    Options -All SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes

The "-All" is redundant.  See the documentation of the Options
directive.  It starts by resetting to none and then adding the listed
options unless ALL the options use +/-.

> and there is a large tree accessible thereby.
> I see, however, that the log does not record
> any directory or file access utilizing the
> Indexes option.  Is there a way to make this
> happen?

I'm not sure exactly what this question means.  Apache logs requests.
When somebody requests this directory, there should be a single
request logged.  There will not be logs for the files and directories
within this directory unless they are requested (clicked on) by the
client.

Joshua.