httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 variable was undefined warning message
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:06:43 GMT
On 6/7/06, Geoghegan, James (CSS) <James.Geoghegan@capita.co.uk> wrote:

> setenv DIRECT_SYSTEM /apps/CapitaDirect/System
>
> setenv DIRECT_TEMPLATE /apps/CapitaDirect/Template
>
> passenv DIRECT_SYSTEM
>
> passenv DIRECT_TEMPLATE

This doesn't make sense.  Setenv is used to set new variables that
apache will pass to cgi scripts.  Passenv is used to take env
variables that were set in the shell that started apache and pass them
along to cgi scripts.  You would never want to use both for the same
variable.

> ..and the httpd server did not start. I have found lots of reports of this
> using Google, but no-one seems to know the solution. Does anybody here know
> how to resolve this?

The fact that the server did not start is possibly unrelated.  The
messages you quoted were only warnings.  Was there anything else in
the error log?

Joshua.