httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Single child process
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:04:48 GMT
On 6/6/06, Chappidi, Sudhakar <chappidi.sudhakar@hp.com> wrote:

> I am using Apache 2.0.55 on HP-UX
>
> Can any one know the configuration in httpd.conf to restrict the number of
> child processes to ONE like on Windows .I used
>
> -X Switch option but that doesn't help because it spawns a debug-single
> child-single worker-process.
>
> My Application is a CORBA app written as  Apache module and is
> multi-threaded  so I am using Apache2.0.55 with worker configuration.
>
> My Corba Application gets initialized through a url request which is handled
> by a child process but, when the further requests come for processing they
> fail because they are handled by the other child processes.
>
> My Application runs fine on Windows as there is only a Single child process.
>
> My requirement is like all the requests should always be handled by the same
> Child Process.

That's not really a good programming model for apache.  Rather, you
should be using interprocess communications / shared memory /etc to
handle data.

But if you really want to, you can configure the worker mpm to behave
much like the windows mpm:

ServerLimit 1
StartServers 1
MaxClients 150
MinSpareThreads 0
MaxSpareThreads 150
ThreadsPerChild 150

A server configued in this way will always have exactly 150 threads.
There will be no adjustment to load.

Joshua.