httpd-users mailing list archives

From kckep...@valdosta.edu
Subject Re: [users@httpd] authnz_ldap
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:19:54 GMT
I have found in the documentation for the old auth_ldap for apache 1.3
that if you do not provide a AuthLDAPBindDN it will try to search
annonomously. Is this true in the new authnz_ldap for 2.2? They seem
pretty similar.

Why is the search step required? Cant't it just attempt to bind with the
supplied credentials? This is a problem for me because our LDAP server
has annonomous searches disabled for reasons beyound my control.

Is this list the  best place to ask this?

Kyle