httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Rectanus" <brect...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Retrieve value from notes table into ENV var or similar
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:46:24 GMT
> On Wednesday 07 June 2006 21:54, Brian Rectanus wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a way to retrieve a value from the notes table
> > into an ENV var or otherwise use it within an apache conf?
>
> Notes are per-request.  They don't exist outside a request.

Yes, I know.  I want to use RewriteCond or similar.

> > All I can
> > find is docs on how to use it in logs, but not actually base a
> > decision on the value or use it in a RewriteRule, etc.
>
> If there's a good reason to use [something] in your application,
> it should be an env var rather than a note in the first place.

Yep, I agree.  Unfortunatly mod_proxy_balancer does not export it as an env.

> > Specifically, I want to know what route that was used by the balancer
> > within a 2.2.2 reverse proxy.  This is the 'session-route' note
> > assigned within mod_proxy_balancer.c
>
> You can access that from a module.

Yeah, I will probably just have to write a simple module to export it
or patch mod_proxy_balancer, but I was hoping there might be another
way to avoid a custom solution.

I'll probably go the route of patching mod_proxy_balancer to export
into env and submitting it for a hopeful upstream inclusion.

Thanks,
-B