httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Gibson" <alan.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 and UDP
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:59:38 GMT
Hello all,

I know Im really stepping into it here, but does anyone know of any
tips, tricks or hacks to get Apache2 to work over UDP?

I understand that HTTP should only ever use TCP because the complete
response is generally important. This is admittedly outside of the
normal range of HTTP operations, but I want to post to alot of servers
and I dont care about the response. Therefore, a lightweight
broadcastable protocol would be perfect, hence UDP.

Some furious googling hasnt turned up anything.

Thanks in advance for any idea,
alan