httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL proxy - just one public ip address
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:11:56 GMT

Not this way. The proxy can't identify the virtual host that the client requests because that
information (the Host header) is encrypted. The whole point of SSL is to encrypt the data
packets between the client and the destination server. Intermediate components are in the
dark...

There is nothing in the current specification of HTTP that allows what you want to do.

> If not, are there any other workarounds?

In future, there might be: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=114251766914920&w=2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thanks a lot.