httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: Switching between HTTP and HTTPS
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:58:09 GMT

This basic idea is correct; the trick is to get the regexp right... This depends on the apache
branch [not given] - 2.2 uses Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) while 1.3 use shell-style
regex.

In your attempt above:

 - "." matches a single character so the pattern matches acrypt.. or bcrypt.. but not abcrypt..

 - "*" matches 0 or more of the last character (t) so it matches cryptttttt...

Try:  ^/(.*?crypt.*?)$

Or use mod_rewrite - it does the same thing but its better documented and more flexible if
you need to change it in the future.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Regards,