httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] /my.html#mySection
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:05:42 GMT

I've read your post a few times but can't understand it. Can you try to
explain again what the problem is?

Please don't assume we know anything about your set-up (OS, version, for
example). BTW, do you really put "#" in the URL or is it shorthand for
something? (# is an unsafe character...)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Now my CGI does not know about #mySection.  If it
> were to get a GET with the #mySection on it, it
> would throw an exception, and return a 403.
>
> This is exactly what just happened.  The log line
> appears normal except for this.
>
> What should I make of this?  I could strip off
> the #mySection in the CGI, and otherwise process
> normally.  Is there some hidden threat here?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
> Mike.

the sender's company.