httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anil Dighade" <da...@TechMahindra.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I'm not able to compile apache with mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:17:37 GMT

Mak,

I think you did not configure correctly, Follow below steps. its very
important what do specify at the time of configuration see below
example. "prefix" is the path where you wish to build the apache
executables. You can also build the modules for dynamic linking replace
static word by dynamic.

./configure --prefix=/data2/apache/ \
--enable-rewrite=static \
--enable-ssl=static \
--enable-proxy=static \
--enable-proxy-http=static
make
make install

All the Best,
Anil D

-----Original Message-----
From: Krist van Besien [mailto:krist.vanbesien@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 2:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] I'm not able to compile apache with
mod_rewrite

On 6/30/06, Adrian Mak <makkaichung@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used apache 2.0.58 and here is my compile options
>

> CC=gcc CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer " CXX=gcc
> CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-felide-constructors
> -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd-
2.0.58
> --enable-module=rewrite --enable-module=expires --enable-module=so
>
> The compilation process is fine without errors, then I did a check
'httpd
> -l'
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_include.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_asis.c
>   mod_cgi.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_imap.c
>   mod_actions.c
>   mod_userdir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> but I can't see mod_rewrite.c
>
> Any thing wrong with my compile options ?

mod_rewrite might have been build as a module. Did you check your
module directory?
(the module dir is usually <server root>/modules)

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed
to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case
you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the
sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s)
if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.
However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech
Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.