httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Khai Doan" <khai_qu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Remote log files?
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 01:12:52 GMT
For me, I wrote a simple script send_apache_log.pl, which read apache log
files, print it to STDOUT, remember where it left off by writing to a file
in /tmp.  I install this on the servers.  Then on my other workstation, I
have another script collect_apache_log.pl, which run periodically via cron,
that invoke the remote script via passwordless-ssh.  I am not a security
expert, but this seems to be better than using syslog utility.

Khai