httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sobiech, Steffen" <steffen.sobi...@rheinzink.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with mod_auth_ldap (again)
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:36:02 GMT
Does nobody have a clue?

>I've got a slight problem with mod_auth_ldap and authentication against
an Active Directory Server via LDAP.

>The authentication basically works. However, if a user not only enters
his username in the authentication dialog, but also his domainname (e.g.
in the form "MYDOMAIN\user001"), authentication fails. Unfortunately,
this situation occurs very often (maybe the Windows clients
automatically insert this form somehow).

>Here's my .htaccess file:
>
>AuthType Basic
>AuthName "xyz Authentifizierung"
>AuthLDAPBindDN "ldapauth@xyz.de"
>AuthLDAPBindPassword "xyz"
>AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://xyz.xyz.de/dc=xyz,dc=de?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=User)"
>require valid-user
>
>I'm using Apache 2.0.53 on SuSE 9.3 64bit. Authentication occurs
against a Windows Server 2003.