httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sobiech, Steffen" <steffen.sobi...@rheinzink.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with mod_auth_ldap
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:34:42 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a slight problem with mod_auth_ldap and authentication
against an Active Directory Server via LDAP.

The authentication basically works. However, if a user not only
enters his username in the authentication dialog, but also his
domainname (e.g. in the form "MYDOMAIN\user001"), authentication
fails. Unfortunately, this situation occurs very often (maybe the
Windows clients automatically insert this form somehow).

Here's my .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "xyz Authentifizierung"
AuthLDAPBindDN "ldapauth@xyz.de"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "xyz"
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://xyz.xyz.de/dc=xyz,dc=de?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=User)"
require valid-user

I'm using Apache 2.0.53 on SuSE 9.3 64bit. Authentication occurs against
Windows Server 2003.

Kind Regards,

Steffen Sobiech